Farmers markets are booming, so take advantage of the backyard fruits and veggies to try these amazing raw recipes perfect for summer.
1. Green Smoothie
Start your day off right by blending up this perfect breakfast smoothie from Raw Family.
2 granny smith apples
2 cups fresh spinach
1 cup water
2. Cucumber Crackers and Cashew Cheese
Going to a party? Instead of making the typical unhealthy finger food, bring this delicious raw vegan recipe by Gena Hamshaw.
2 cups cashews, soaked overnight
½ tsp sea salt
¼ cup lemon juice
3 tbsp. nutritional yeast
½ cup water
¼ cup packed fresh dill
1. Rinse cashews and dump out soaking water.
2. Process cashews, salt, lemon, and nutritional yeast.
3. Once combined, slowly add water with the processor running. Blend until the consistency resembles a
4. Add dill and combine.
5. Thinly slice a cucumber and top with a dollop of cashew cheese.
3. Cauliflower Popcorn
Swap greasy popcorn for this clever cauliflower recipe from Julie’s Lifestyle for your movie marathons.
1 head of cauliflower
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
½ tbsp. raw extra virgin olive oil
¼ tbsp. paprika
¼ tbsp. sea salt
2 pinches of turmeric
Chili powder to taste
1. Chop cauliflower into bite-size “popcorn” pieces
2. Mix lemon juice, nutritional yeast, olive oil, paprika, salt, turmeric, and chili powder, in a large bowl.
3. Add cauliflower to the bowl in portions, mixing to coat.
4. Line a dehydrator sheet and set cauliflower onto the tray. Add extra nutritional yeast if desired.
5. Dehydrate at 115°F for 8+ hours or until crispy.
4. Raw Pina Coladas
Get into the summer spirit by blendingthis piña coladas recipe from Fully Raw.
3 cups ripe, diced pineapple
1 to 2 cups coconut water
2 cups kale, hold the stems
1 tsp. Rose water
5. Banana "Ice Cream"
Just thinking about the sun and heat of summer can make you crave something cold, but stay away from sugary ice cream stands and whip up this easy, delicious recipe from Fully Raw instead. That way you can still get your cold sugar fix without breaking your healthy eating plans .
8 frozen bananas
1 cup raspberries
1 cup strawberries
Pinch of cinnamon
Pinch of vanilla bean
1. Cut frozen bananas into slices.
2. Blend on a high speed and add in cinnamon and vanilla bean until it has the consistency of ice cream.
3. Pour into a bowl and rinse your blender.
4. Blend most of the strawberries and raspberries and drizzle juice on top of banana ice cream.
5. Garnish with whole strawberries and raspberries.
6. Cucumber Salad
Salads are light and refreshing, not to mention the perfect summer snack. This simple recipe is adapted from Paula Deen’s.
3 tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp. raw olive oil
3 cucumbers, peeled and sliced
1 cup sliced grape tomatoes
½ medium sliced Vidalia onion
2 tsp. fresh, chopped dill
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Whisk apple cider vinegar and olive oil together in a large bowl.
2. Mix in cucumber, tomato, and onion slices, dill, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Let sit for 20 minutes before serving.
7. Salad in an Avocado
Here’s another easy salad you’ll want to add to your recipe book. Vegan Bandit says it also gives you 60 percent your recommended daily fiber intake, plus it’s full of antioxidants and healthy fats.
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 pinch cayenne
¼ cup diced yellow bell pepper
¼ cup sliced baby tomatoes
3 diced radishes
1 avocado, halved and seeded
1 tbsp. raw cheese
1 tbsp. chopped cilantro
1 tbsp. chopped scallion
1. Squeeze lime into a small bowl and mix in cayenne and garlic. Whisk.
2. Add in pepper, tomatoes, and radishes, coating with dressing.
3. Place avocado onto a plate and use a spoon to fill in pit with dressing and veggies.
4. Garnish with raw cheese, cilantro, and scallions.
8. Raw Gazpacho
Cold soups like gazpacho are perfect for summer, and so is this recipe adapted from Oh She Glows, that does an excellent job of making this Spanish favorite raw and vegan-friendly.
1.5 lbs. tomatoes
1 medium chopped red pepper
1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
¼ cup chopped sweet onion
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp. lime juice
2 cups tomato juice
Sea salt to taste
Crushed red pepper and black pepper to taste
Chopped cilantro to taste
1. Blend tomatoes, pepper, cucumber, onions, garlic, lime juice, and tomato juice.
2. Add salt, pepper, crushed red pepper to taste.
3. Chill in a closed container overnight.
4. Serve with chopped peppers, green onion, and black pepper.
9. Post Workout Smoothie
After running around all day in the sun, blend up this recovery smoothie adapted from Simply Quinoa.
¾ raw coconut water
½ cup pineapple
1 small frozen banana
½ cup blueberries
½ cup spinach
1 scoop raw vegan protein (optional)
½ tsp. cinnamon
Enjoy these raw recipes all summer long to fuel your activities; just don’t forget the importance of sunscreen while you’re out in the sun!
Vaileria Dennis is a Health and Beauty expert, having 10 years of experience in Beauty industry and providing healthy living tips. She is also passionate about fitness, women’s issues and more. In recent years, she has had an opportunity to learn about Food and Nutrition. She always excited to share her ideas related to beauty tips, healthy food recipes, and diet plans. Join Vaileria on Twitter , Facebook and G+ </span>