|Written by RawGuru|
|Sunday, 26 April 2009|
1. What are some rawfood staples in your current diet? Fresh Aloe, Maca, Cacao, Medicinal Mushrooms, other superfoods and now with the weather breaking into spring and summer lots of fresh organic sprouts & farm veggies! Are you 100% raw? Yes How did you start? I began 7 years ago after I read the first chapter of David Wolfe's book "Natures First Law: The Raw Food Diet" .... It took time, love and patience, and through study, teaching and experience I have found the best way to optimize my nutrient intake on a 100% raw foods lifestyle.
2. What kind of services do you provide and tell us about your new chocolate products?
I am the founder of The One Lifestyle LLC. I created The ONE Chocolate bar (tm) that is available now, with the intention of sharing the benefits of raw chocolate & superfoods! There are many who desire GREAT tasting food that is HEALTHY! Each batch is made by hand with all organic, vegan & raw superfoods, the low glycemic sweetener Agave, and pure loving intention!!! Already it has had the honor of being coined, "The only chocolate bar you'll ever need!" It is an honor and I truly LOVE what I do... so all of that magic is infused into the essence of every bar!
In addition I offer what I like to call,
"The Alchemy of Self" (tm) ... I work in the realm of optimal nutrition. I have seen and experienced the best results eating organic food in its raw, natural, state. There are no rules, only choices. When I look at the food Mother Earth has created, I ask myself, "How can I get the optimal amount of nutrients?" To me this signifies delving into the fields of herbalism, raw foods, and super-food nutrition.
All of this is a progress and it takes baby steps, time, and dedication. What is the reality of your willingness to change? What is the reality of your schedule? What is the best avenue in making this a sustainable lifestyle for you? What are your emotional eating habits? Most importantly, it is about having fun! It is a lesson in abundance and an exploration into self! 'The One Lifestyle' feeds body, mind, and soul. It teaches you the many layers of conscious living. For more information on the workshops, classes, and retreats please visit www.theonelifestyle.com.
3. How was it like working with Daniel Vitalis? Daniel Vitalis is a dear friend & Alchemical partner. Working with Daniel is a pleasure and all-ways an experience that inspires growth, introspection and creativity! The synergy of our Alchemy ~ especially in the kitchen ~ is full on MAGIC!
4. How do you come up with a recipe? This is always a tricky question... how it usually happens for me is that I actually allow the food to speak to me... I seem to dip into a meditative space where next thing I know I am simply reaching for ingredients and then Voila! We have a dish! One of the greatest things I have learned on this journey is that there are NO RULES! It is all about the exploration... having fun and doing what feels great! So I encourage you to get into the kitchen and allow the magic to embrace you! You will be amazed at what unfolds!
5. Can you share a favorite raw food recipe? One of my favorite recipes, which came about by rifling through the fridge, is a coconut curry soup: 1 young coconut, curry sauerkraut, 1 lime, cilantro, two - four cloves of garlic (depending on how much you love garlic), 1 tsp of cardamom powder & sea salt! Blend & serve! YUMMY!
6. What are some quick tips or hints for raw newbies? The first and most important tip for all raw new comers is PATIENCE. Recognize that this is a process that takes time. Love your-self and love the journey!
If you take the time to honor your body in this transition and honor the emotional process, you will dis-cover the ease in which it can be done. The lifestyle is all-ways in a state of transition, as with each day and each year a new discovery is made and by staying present to that, you are able to continue to dance the dance into your perfect life! The knowledge will come... and remember HAVE FUN... We live in abundance!
7. Do you have any dental problems on the raw diet? None. My teeth are strong and clean.
8. Do you have any major influences? I will say that understanding that I live in a Divine Universe, with the knowledge that I am my own creator has been the biggest influence of all...
9. Where do you see the raw food movement heading? I see this movement reaching more and more people everyday... "Mainstream" would be the word I will use. It is more readily available to EVERYONE, thanks to people like David Wolfe, Raw Guru, We Like It Raw, Elixir Craft and others who have had the foresight to get out there and SHARE the knowledge!
10. Can you please tell us about some of your current projects you're working on or developing? At present I am working on many projects, I will be launching a super-food snack bar this summer called, The Avatar Bar (tm)!!! It is based on the elements and each with its own unique & yummy flavor! I am also doing a workshop in NYC June 7th at The Art of Movement yoga studio on the ~ Alchemy of Self ~ and I am heading a Gala Event with David Wolfe & the Fruit Tree Planting Foundation that will be in LA on June 19th!!! All the profits will go to planting fruit trees around the world! Please check www.theonelifestyle.com for more details on upcoming events!
11. Is there anything else you would like to add? Simply, Thank you. Thank you for taking the time to get to know me and for supporting the movement. Your love & work Alex, is greatly appreciated! Infinite blessings to all!!!
Susanna Szilard said:
Susanna Szilard said:
Tristen Price said:
|Last Updated ( Wednesday, 06 May 2009 )|
|< Prev||Next >|