Dreamy Strawberry Smoothie Layered With Chia Seed Pudding
DescriptionA nourishing, duel breakfast: A Strawberry and Coconut Smoothie layered on top of Chia Seed Pudding for the most delicious and fun breakfast thats made in only 5 minutes. Recipe by Marie Reginato of 8th and Lake.
1 cup frozen strawberries
1/3 cup frozen pomegranate seeds (optional)
1 frozen banana
1/2 cup coconut water (water or any nut milk)
1 teaspoon honey (optional but suggested if you are using water as a base)
small handful of coconut shreds (optional but I love it in here!)
Ingredients for the Coconut Chia Seed Pudding:
3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk(or any nut milk)
3 tablespoons of chia seeds
1 tablespoons honey
1. Start by making the chia seed layer by stirring the coconut milk.
2. Then add the coconut milk, chia seeds, honey and cinnamon to a small bowl and mix well.
3. Then simply place the chia seed pudding into the refrigerator to expand and settle overnight or for at least 30 minutes.
4. For the smoothie layer – simply place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until creamy.
5. Then layer half the coconut pudding into the bottom of a jar or bowl and pour half the smoothie on top. Do the same for the other cup and enjoy!
Recipe by Marie Reginato: