Good Morning Energy Smoothie
DescriptionThere is nothing better than starting the day feeling energized and refreshed! This smoothie by Julie Van den Kerchove of Julie's Lifestyle will definitely help you get there. This creamy green smoothie is absolutely loaded with nutrients and fiber to help curb cravings and keep you feeling satiated all morning long. Enjoy!
1 small grapefruit
1 tablespoon chia seeds
Fresh ginger, to taste (optional)
Chilled green/herbal tea, water or non-dairy milk, to thin
3-4 handfuls leafy greens (spinach, kale, chard, romaine lettuce…)
1. Combine banana, grapefruit, orange, chia seeds, ginger and chilled tea in a blender. Blend until smooth.
2. Add the leafy greens and blend again.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
• Not a fan of grapefruit? Replace it with orange or apple.
• Don’t have time to make a smoothie in the morning (or don’t want to disturb your neighbors that early)? You can make this smoothie in the evening, store it in the fridge overnight and take it with you on the go the next morning.
• Chia seeds are a good source of plant-based protein and omega 3 fats. They're also really hydrating and packed with essential minerals such as calcium, magnesium and phosphorus.
Julie Van den Kerchove: