Raw Chocolate Caramel Pie
DescriptionThis dessert by Vanessa Vickery of Becomingness is suitable for paleo, vegan, clean eating, gluten free, dairy free & egg free diets. Or maybe you just simply love chocolate and caramel together. This dessert is for you too!
1 cup raw macadamias, soaked for a minimum 2 hours
12 medjool dates, seeds removed
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 + 1/2 cups macadamias, soaked for a minimum of 2 hours (preferably 4 hours for a smoother caramel)
1/2 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup coconut oil
3 tablespoons organic maple syrup
1/3 cup organic cacao powder
1 cup coconut cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Place macadamias, medjool dates and sea salt in your blender or food processor and blend until the nuts are crushed and the mixture holds together.
2. Scoop out crust mixture and press firmly into a 20cm spring-form pan and smooth out with the back of a spoon. Rinse blender or food processor well.
1. Warm the coconut oil in a small pot on low heat until liquid, add the maple syrup and whisk to combine.
2. Place all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until very smooth.
3. Pour mixture onto the crust and smooth with the back of a spoon or a spatula and place in the freezer to set for 60 minutes.
1. Add coconut oil to small saucepan on low heat and stir until melted.
2. Remove from the heat and add the organic maple syrup, whisking briskly until well combined.
3. Add the cacao powder, stirring until well combined.
4. Add the coconut cream and vanilla extract and stir until well combined.
5. Pour mixture onto the middle layer and place in the freezer to set (minimum 2 hours).
Always keep in the freezer and remove 30 minutes before serving to allow it to thaw out a little.
Recipe by Vanessa Vickery: