Raw Heart-Shaped Sandwich Cookies
DescriptionAnyone else already thinking of Valentine's Day treats? Just us? Well, it's never a bad idea to give yourself some extra love in the form of a healthy raw vegan treat! Especially one that's shaped like a heart. Recipe by Tiasha Slana of Shine with Nature. Enjoy!
2 cups dates
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
3 tsp carob powder
¼ tsp vanilla powder
100 g frozen (dethawed) or fresh strawberries
½ cup (65 g) dates
½ cup (50 g) dried apples
⅛ tsp vanilla powder
1. Process pumpkin seeds in a food processor until crumbly. Add dates, carob and vanilla powder and process until well combined.
2. Divide the mixture into 4 balls and press each ball into a cookie model.
1. Process dates and dried apples in a food processor until they start to stick together.
2. Slowly start adding the strawberries and mix until smooth.
3. Add vanilla powder and mix again.
4. Put the strawberry filling between two heart shaped cookies.
If you don't have a small food processor, it would be wise to double the recipe. That way it will be easier to make the filling. And if you have a very powerful blender, you could also make it in the blender.
Recipe by Tiasha Slana: