K-Tec Champ HP3
Vita-Mix Super 5000
|Horsepower||3 Peak HP||2 Peak HP||2 Peak HP||2 Peak HP||2 Peak HP|
|Weight||6.8 lbs||10.7 lbs||10.7 lbs||10.7 lbs||10.7 lbs|
|Under Cupboard Height||15.5"||20.5"||20.5"||20.5"||20.5"|
|Amps||13 amps||11.5 amps||11.5 amps||11.5 amps||11.5 amps|
|Number of Cycles||30||0||0||0||0|
|Sealed Control Panel||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|Jars - Wet/Dry Use||Wet/Dry in one||1 Wet & 1 Dry Jar||Needs 2 separate jars||Needs 2 separate jars||Needs 2 separate jars|
|Jar Size||64 oz.||64 oz.||64 oz.||64 oz.||64 oz.|
|Stainless Steel Blade||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Blade Style||2 prong||4 prong||4 prong||4 prong||4 prong|
|Tamper Included||No- Doesn't need it.||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Ease of Use||Simple||Simple||Simple||Simple||Simple|
|Loudness||Moderate||Very Loud||Very Loud||Very Loud||Very Loud|
|Break Resistant Carafe||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|User Control||6 One-Touch Buttons 30 Cycles||High/Low Variable
|Warranty||8 years||7 years||7 years||3 years||5 years|
|Warranty on Coupling & Blade||Lifetime||5 years||5 years||5 years||5 years|
|Colors Available||Black or White||Black, White or Red||Black, White or Red||Black Only||Black Only|
|Makes Nut/Seed Butter||Perfectly||Great||Great||Great||Great|
|Grinds Flax and other seeds||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Breads/Dough||Yes||Yes||Not as well||Not as well||Not as well|
|Fruits and Vegetables||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Your Low Price||$399.00||$399.99 + S/H + Tax||$479.99 + S/H + Tax||$399.99||$339.99|
|Only from rawguru.com||Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
Investing in your brand new K-TEC Champ HP3 or Vita-Mix Blender
1. What is the difference between the Vita-Mix 5000 series, the Vita-Prep and the Vita-Mix 4500 blender?
Let's take a closer look at the Vita-Mix 5000 series.
First thing is PRICE! The Vita-Mix 5000 is $399.99 plus shipping/handling and Tax. If you add all that up it can be $450.00 or more. The Vita-Mix Super 5000 is $479.99 shipping/handling and Tax. Add all this up and it can cost you more than $525.00. Wow! The Vita-Mix 5000 series gets shipped only from the Vita-Mix company. It takes 1-2 weeks to just ship out and will arrive to you in another 5-7 days. Total of about 2-3 weeks to arrive.
|Vita-Mix Super 5000 Blender||Vita-Mix 5000 Blender|
|Shipping + Tax||Can be over $50-$60||Can be over $40-$50|
|Delivery Time||2-3 weeks||2-3 weeks|
Is all this worth the price and wait for your brand new Vita-Mix 5000??? NO! Let me explain why...
1. The main difference between the Vita-Mix 5000 and Super 5000 is that the Super 5000 comes with a wet (standard on all Vita-Mix models) and the extra $80.00 you spend goes for a dry container. The dry container is used for grinding and kneading. I have used both wet and dry containers and there is really little difference. Both containers can grind grain, seeds, and nuts. Most people who decide to spend the extra $80.00 on the dry container only use it 3-5 times before they see that the wet container can do the same job. Don't waste your money!
|Vita-Mix Super 5000 Blender||Vita-Mix 5000 Blender|
|Price||$479.99 + shipping + tax||$399.99 + shipping + tax|
|Dry/Wet container||Comes with both||Wet only|
|Benefits||Grinds both dry foods and wet||Grinds both dry foods and wet|
|Conclusions||Don't waste $80.00+.||Dry container works just as well as the wet one.|
2. So, now that we have eliminated the Vita-Mix Super 5000, we still have 3 choices left. The Vita-Mix 5000, The Vita-Prep 1002 and the Vita-Mix 4500. Which one will be eliminated next. If you guessed the Vita-Mix 5000 you guessed right. Let me explain why below....
The Vita-Mix 5000
is the exact same machine as the Vita-Prep 1002. The only differences is the
warranty, color availability and most important, price.
|Vita-Mix 5000 Blender||Vita-Prep 1002 Blender|
|Warranty||7 years||3 years|
|Colors||Black, White or Red||Black Only|
|Price||$399.99 + shipping + tax||$399.99 FREE shipping, No Tax|
The Vita-Mix 5000 has a 7 year warranty and the Vita-Prep 1002 has a 3 year warranty. The Vita-Mix 5000 comes in black, white or red and the Vita-Prep 1002 comes in black only.
3. Now that we have concluded that the Vita-Mix 5000 is basically the Vita-Prep, let's take a closer look at the differences between the Vita-Prep 1002 and the Vita-Mix 4500.
|Vita-Prep 1002 Blender||Vita-Mix 4500 Blender|
|Warranty||3 years||5 years|
|Price||$399.99 (Free shipping)||$339.99 (Free shipping)|
The main difference between the two is that the Vita-Prep has a variable control speed knob and the Vita-Mix 4500 only has a 2 speed switch.
So, now that you know the main differences which one is better? Well...that's tough to say. The answer is that they're both good because in the end they both produce the same result. If you want more control with your blending then the Vita-Prep is best for you. Most raw food chefs and regular chefs use the Vita-Prep, because they love the control. If you are on a budget then the Vita-Mix 4500 is a great choice.
4. So...let's say you went ahead and chose the better blender. The Vita-Prep 1002. How does it compare to the K-TEC Champ HP3. Let's have a closer look.
|K-TEC Champ HP3||Vita-Prep 1002|
|Warranty||8 years||3 years|
|Colors||Black or White||Black Only|
|Price||$399.99 (lower price on site)||$399.99|
Which out of these two is best?
I would have to go
with the K-TEC Champ HP3 Blender.
Top 10 reasons to buy the K-TEC Champ HP3 over the Vita-Prep/Vita-Mix Blenders.
1. Better Warranty
2. More Horsepower ( 3-Peak horsepower)
3. Shorter/Wider container fits under cabinets better.
4. K-Tec container can be used for both wet & dry material.
5. K-Tec does not need a tamper (because of container design).
6. Automatic shut-off
7. Motor does not heat up as fast as the Vita-Prep
8. Microprocessor controlled - 100% solid state
9. Easier and faster to clean than the Vita-Prep.
10. Costs less than the Vita-Prep.
Have you decided on which blender you want to invest in?
|Click here to buy the K-TEC Champ HP3 blender||Click here to buy the Vita-Prep Blender|
If you are still uncertain on which blender to invest in, please visit our FAQ's sections below.
Copyright ©2005 RawGuru.Com